If you get the android-customized smartphone from Samsung, HTC or Sony Ericson, you may have to install the USB driver from their particular websites. With the USB driver, your PC will be able to recognize your smartphone and do android developing work. However, how about Google Phone? If you just recently get an Galaxy Nexus, you may interested to know how to install the UBD driver. In basic normal Windows 7 USB library, there is no USB driver for android phone. You need to perform additional driver installation to make it works. Once installation done, you can start developing your app with android SDK tool and test it through your Google Phone. Check it out after break.
in order to complete installation, your machine need to have at least operating system requirement below:
Windows XP (32-bit), Vista (32- or 64-bit), or Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (x86 only)
Linux (tested on Ubuntu Linux, Lucid Lynx)
GNU C Library (glibc) 2.7 or later is required.
On Ubuntu Linux, version 8.04 or later is required.
64-bit distributions must be capable of running 32-bit applications. For information about how to add support for 32-bit applications, see the Ubuntu Linux installation notes.
How To Install Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus USB Driver
1. First, download Android SDK starter pack from Android webpage [Download].
2. Execute the starter pack.
3. You will be notified to install Java environment if you do not have it in your PC. Click on “visit java.oracle.com” button.
4. Install the Java SE Development Kit thru Java oracle website. [Link]
5. Once installation complete, re-execute the Android SDK starter pack.exe. Complete the installation.
6. You should see the Android SDK Manager now.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. Check the Google USB Driver Package and install it.
8. Once installation done, disconnect your device and restart your PC.
8. Make sure you enable USB debugging in your device. Goto –> Setting->Applications->Development->USB Debugging.
9. PC will install the driver automatically. You are done and successfully install USB & ADB driver for your android devices.