Finally, I have unboxed my very first tablet, New iPad (3rd Gen) from Apple. The unbox experience is amazing. Activating a device is NOT difficult, it is very easy and you have to do it step by step. Let’s see how we can activate and start using your new iPad.
Turn On your new iPad & make sure you have at least 50% batter level. Then, proceed to steps below.
1. Select Language
2. Select Country Region
3. Enable Location Services [Optional]
4. Choose a network [Wifi/3G]
5. New iPad Setup – Option 1: Setup as new iPad | Option 2: Restore from iCloud backup | Option 3 : Restore from itunes backup
6. Create a new Apple ID Or sign in your existing Apple ID . Key in your birthday & name [Optional]
7. Activate by using email – Option 1: Your own email address | Option 2: Get free icloud email address
8. Fill in Security question
9. Check for Email updates [Optional]
10. Term & Condtions
11. Wait few minutes to create Apple ID. [Your Apple ID is your email address]
12. Check your email inbox, you should receive email from Apple, confirm & click on the verification link.
13. Setup iCloud – Option1: Backup to iCloud | Option2: Backup to My Computer
14. Find My iPad – Activate find your ipad to locate your iPad if you lost it.
14. Set up email (optional)
15. Diagnostics & Usage
16. Register devices with Apple
17. Start using iPad.
I have just activated my iPad. How about yours? Feel free to drop your comment and email if you have questions.