After having an iPad for a week, I wanted to make sure I have purchased an iPad with good hardware inside. Firstly, the test will be checking any dead pixel on the retinal display of New iPad. You can return your new iPad and get an one on one replacement if you found more than 2 dead pixels in your new iPad. Some buyer from forum mentioned that they have exchanged to Apple store several times due to dead pixels. I hope you won’t get it with your new iPad through this test.
It is easy enough to test the dead pixels on new iPad. You just need several plain color photos and monitor the dead pixels on your retina display. Follow me step by step below.
1. Firstly, download 5 color photos below into your new iPad.
2. Once the photos are in your New iPad, open “Photos” application.
3. You should see the saved photos inside your album,
4. Click on the photo one by one & check the dead or stuck pixels.
5. If the pixel is dead, you should see no change in color or black color in the dot.
6. Check carefully as pixel of retina display in your new iPad is very very small.
7. Get your replacement unit from Apple if you got more than 2 dead pixels.
This is very simple test and happy trying!!