Finally, Galaxy Note has tasted ICS CM9 after a long wait. As we all know, CM9 is known of its light, fast and smooth custom ROM. At last, CM9 has arrived to Galaxy Note while waiting the official ICS firmware from Samsung OTA. Thanks to the CM team on this beta release, this build ROM is only available for international version of Galaxy Note.
Alright, since this is the second CM9 developer build for Galaxy Note, there were some known issue you should alert.
- Speakerphone is a bit broken
- Movie Studio is broken
- DSP Manager not working properly
How To Install CM9 On Samsung Galaxy Note
- Make sure you have a proper Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed on the phone.
- Download the latest version of the CM9 ROM | Link1 | 128.37MB | Other Links
- Download the Google Apps package gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip | 49.6MB
- Copy the two downloaded zip files into SD card.
- Reboot into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select your ROM zip file.
- Once complete installation, back to recovery main page.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip file.
- Once complete installation, back to recovery main page and select reboot system.
- Wait for few minutes and you should see CM9 start running on your Galaxy Note.
You should got your Galaxy Note runs on CM9 now. The build of CM9 is fast indeed. Kindly feedback to xda developers and leave your feedback to them to improve the existing CM9 build.