Another Milestone for AOKP, Milestone 5. Update from AOKP is pretty fast and you can see the effort of developers in updating this AOKP ROM for several range of devices. AOKP become more and more popular due to the frequent update as well as more common tweaking and customization in this ROM. I have decided to flash my very first AOKP on my Samsung Nexus S. As summary, the AOKP milestone come together with Galaxy Nexus Kernel, updated to Android 4.0.4 and many fixes included.
How To Install AOKP Milestone 5 On Samsung Nexus S??
- Make sure you have a proper Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed on the phone.
- Download the latest version of the AOKP Milestone | Link | Other Links | 108MB
- Download the Google Apps package gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip | 49.6MB
- Copy the two downloaded zip files into SD card.
- Now, reboot into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).
- Select wipe data/factory reset and confirm.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select your ROM zip file.
- Once complete installation, back to recovery main page.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip file.
- Once complete installation, back to recovery main page and select reboot system.
- Wait for few minutes and you should see AOKP start running on your Nexus S.