HTC One X has finally tested the delicious CM9 ICS ROM. Thanks to TripNDroid Mobile Engineering from MoDaCo to make it happen with CM9 on the powerful HTC One X. The 4.7inch & powerful qual-core processor with CM9 is bringing more powerful and faster performance. Let’s check out the installation guide.
- Wifi Hotspot is not working yet
- Mobile data connection is slow and need time to connect properly. Once connected, you will get stable connection.
How To Install CM9 On HTC One X
- Make sure you have HTC One X’s bootloader unlocked. [Link]
- Make sure you have a proper Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed on the phone. [Link]
- Install the HTC Sync software to install the proper drivers for the phone. Download it here and install it on your computer.
- Download the latest version of the CM9 ROM | Link | 142.09MB
- Download the Google Apps package gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip | 49.6MB
- Copy the two downloaded zip files into SD card.
- Download fastboot in your PC. [Link]
- Extract fastboot.zip to C:\drive.
- Extract your ROM zip file and copy out the boot.img to C:\fastboot
Turn off your HTC One x and reboot to fastboot mode. [Volume down then power button]
Open cmd by going to Windows RUN and type cmd.
Type cd c:\Fastboot in the cmd black windows
Type fastboot flash boot boot.img. Flashing should complete now in fastboot mode.
Now, reboot into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select your ROM zip file.
- Once complete installation, back to recovery main page.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip file.
- Once complete installation, back to recovery main page and select reboot system.
- Wait for few minutes and you should see CM9 start running on your HTC One X.
Now, your HTC One X should be running ICS CM9 android 4.0.4. The ROM should be very fast but yet to get stable when the next CM9 version is updated.