In the early morning of today, I have just flashed and tried the very first AOKP ROM. It isn’t fast because it was not customized and fully tweaked, it was a stock ROM and kernel for the phone. However, with AOKP ROM, you can have many other features being enabled in your devices. Tablet UI is one of the coolest feature/ I have tested tablet UI mode in my nexus S with AOKP Milestone 5. I would say the UI is extremely attractive and beautiful. This is unique to run tablet UI in a phone. You can also easily switch the tablet UI mode back to phone UI mode by having a simple tweaking. This flashable zip file works for all devices with AOKP devices.
1. You mush have AOKP version b32 and above on you android devices. [AOKP only supports on certain devices, check it out here and download AOKP ROM for your devices]. Follow instruction to flash your ROM here.
2. Download the modified services.jar and phone.apk which use to enable Tablet UI in AOKP ROM
3. Assuming your devices have been installed with AOKP ROM, copy the downloaded zip file in to sdcard.
4. Reboot device into recovery mode.
5. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select your TabletUI_AOKP_XXXzip file.
6. Once complete installation, back to recovery main page and reboot the system.
7. In first boot, wait android system for upgrading.
8. You should have tablet UI mode embedded in your AOKP phone UI now. You won’t observe any different without activate it.
9. Change the LCD density in AOKP ROM. Go to Settings –> ROM Control –> General UI –> LCD Density
10. Goto Selection 5, change density to whatever you like –> Custom-> 128
11. Reboot your system.
12. You should now have the tablet UI running on your device.
Tips & Hints
1. Since your LCD is NOT native for Tablet UI, your font will be very small. Goto Settings –> Display –> Font Size –> Huge then Uncheck the IME Switcher in UI Settings.
2. Google Play Market may not work properly due to compatibility issue in tablet UI mode. Download the modded Google Play apk and replace the existing Goolge Play.