CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Nightly has officially come to Samsung Galaxy S3. CM9 Nightly build is very famous and popular build for many key Android devices like Galaxy S, S2, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S and more. This is the latest important development for Galaxy S3 after Chainfire’s first rooting & follow by his CF-Root toolkit for CWM recovery installation. Thanks to XDA developer XpLoDWilD, you can now have the official CM9 nighties build run on SG3 with higher performance and speed. CM9 for Galaxy S3 still exist minor known issues like
- FM Radio: currently not supported, try Spirit FM from market
- Camera: using LED flash causes FCs on some phones.
- Wifi: connection issues for a few users
How To Install CyanogenMod 9 Nightly For Samsung Galaxy S3
2. Download CM9 Nightly build zip here. | 140.90MB
3. Download Google Apps here. | 49.63MB
4. Connect SG3 to PC and enable USB mode to copy both CM9 zip and GApps into SG3 internal SD card.
5. Power off SG3.
6. Boot to recovery by Press and hold Home + Volume Up and press Power button.
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select your CM9 Nightly ROM zip.
8. Once complete installation, back to recovery main page.
9. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard & select your Gapps zip.
10. Once complete installation, back to recovery main page
11. Select wipe data/factory reset and confirm. This is to make Calendar sync work properly after you reboot the system.
12. Back to recovery main page and select reboot system.
13. If you Wi-Fi doesn’t work, remove /data/.cid.info with a root-enabled file explorer.
14. Complete and done.