Alright, if you have owned Samsung Galaxy S3, probably you are amazed and delighted with the great features and the sexy outlook of it. However, you can do more than what I got right now by rooting it. Rooting a android device is a must for me as more features, customization & tweaking can be done on your Galaxy S3. Thanks to Chainfire who is the known android developer who had shared the technique how to root & unlock several key android smartphones. Great news is that now you are able to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT i9300 with CF root 6.1 toolkit from Chainfire. CF Root 6.1 includes SuperSU, ClockWorkMod & Util CWM Manager.
CF-Root is a very basic rooting tool where no custom kernel will be installed upon installation. You will see the kernel remain stock after flashing.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 & Install ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3?
1. Download Samsung Kies software in your PC. | 87.6MB
2. Download CF-Root-SG3-v6.1.zip | 7.1MB
3. Download Odin3-v3.04.zip | 198.4KB
4. Firstly, unzip Odin3-v1.85.zip file and you should see .exe file.
5. Unzip CF-Root-SG3-v6.1.zip and you should see file with .tar extension I f you see recovery.img and cache.img, means you have extracted twice. Try to extract it again with only .tar file.
6. Now, turn off your SG3.
7. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button together. The screen will on and go into download mode. Press volume up and enter.
8. Start Odin3-vX.X.exe you have extracted.
10. Click the PDA button in Odin, then browse and select CF-Root-SG3-v6.1.tar file. Make sure Repartition is NOT checked.
11. Click Start to flash the .tar file. Do not remove or click any thing at this moment. You will see PASS if flashing is successful.
12. SG3 will reboot after flashing successfully.
13. You should have now Super SU, CWM Manager app and CWM installed in recover mode.
NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens.