Having a strong battery life on a smartphone is extremely important. Without battery, your smartphone is useless. I have been using Samsung Galaxy S3 for about 2 weeks. Let me share my experience before sharing how to save your battery life on Samsung Galaxy S3. Above is my battery performance report of today. Averagely, I can get 15 – 20 hours battery life for normal daily usage like reading news, listen to music, surf net, phone call, send & receive email, SMSs but NO gaming. I turned on the 3G network all the time without turning it off. From the report, obviously, the battery consumed by the 3G which always in standby mode.
I couldn’t even hold my Galaxy S3 for more than a day without recharge it. I found the battery performance is poorer than expected. In order to save the battery, I think tips below should help you and me.
1. Turn On Power Saving Mode – Galaxy S3 come with power saving mode which helps to limit the performance of the CPU [quaq-core] and turn off the screen wisely and automatically.
Goto Settings –> Power Saving
2. Turn off 3G/4G, Bluetooth or Wifi when not necessary – 3G and Wifi is the second factor to drain your battery dramatically. Turn it off when you do not need it.
Goto Settings –> Wireless & Networks –> WiFi/Data Usage/Bluetooth –> Turn On and Off
3. Reduce brightness of your screen display – Display drains most of the battery especially with big screen smartphone. By reducing the brightness of the screen, you can save more battery life. You can use screen filter to reduce your brightness to even lower than stock settings.
Goto Settings –> Display –> Brightness –> Adjust
4. Turn off motion feature – most of the time, I do not use the “extra” features from Galaxy S3 like Smart alert which actually consume more battery life even you don’t use it.
Goto Settings –> Device –> Motion –> Turn On and Off
5. Disable GPS or Network Location Connection – Suggest to turn off if you do not use it all the time.
Goto Settings –> Personal–> Location Services–> Turn On and Off
6. Uninstall and disable unnecessary applications – You may see the program run in front of you but it actually running at the background of the screen which drain your battery invisibly. To make your phone clean and smooth, disable and uninstall unwanted programs.
Goto Settings –> Device –> Application Manager
7. Not recommend to use live wallpapers – If you do not enjoy the beauty of live wallpapers then you may consider to turn it off and change to static wallpapers which consume a littler smaller resources from your Galaxy S3.
8. Lastly, use Custom ROM which have perfect battery and performance tweaking to save battery life.
If you are not Galaxy S3 user, you may refer to this post to have you save battery life too. Hope you guys enjoy the post.