As we all know, Samsung Galaxy S3 come with stock Touch Wiz Home launcher. It is a specifically designed home launcher by Samsung with Ice Cream Sandwich. However, I do not like it due to features limitation, e.x. drag and drop feature on icons to create new folder in home screen. I would like to share you 8 touch wiz alternative replacement launcher for your SGS3. The recommended launchers have more features and better customization option to your home screen. I hope you enjoy the collections. Take note on the “highly recommended” launchers below!!
ADW Launcher [Link]
ADW.Launcher, beyond tweaking your android desktop.
-Customizable application drawer (old one or iphone/galaxy one)
-Customizable drag&drop action buttons
-Unveil the Dockbar flicking-up the app-drawer button and drop UNLIMITED shortcuts/folders!
Apex Launcher [Link]
Powerful, fast, and highly customizable home replacement for Android 4.0+. Apex Launcher helps you create a customized homescreen experience on your Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) device.
– Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
– Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
– Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
– Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
– Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
– Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
Go Launcher EX [Link]
One of the most popular launcher platform with a lot high quality customization and widget library. recommended.
– Thousands of personalized themes
– Various widgets and screen locks (weather, switcher, calendar…)
– Extremely smooth transition animation
– Smooth flipping operation
– User-defined folder to easily categorize apps
Holo Launcher [Link]
Clean and simple launcher for Android 2.2+ and ICS.
– Full ICS Style: ICS Icons, Folders, Outlines, Drawer Tabs, etc.
– Custom Desktop Pages/Grid: Up to 9 desktop pages and 10 x 10 grid.
– Custom Drawer Portrait/landscape Grid
– Scrollable Dock: Up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
– Infinite Scrolling
– Gestures: Swipe up/down on desktop to launch apps quickly.
– Customizable shortcut/folder icons, support ADW icon pack.
Launcher Pro [Link]
Simple. Powerful. Fast. Customizable.
– Super-smooth scrolling
– Animated screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense)
– Up to 7 home screens
– App drawer (2D and 3D!) with a fly-in effect and smooth scrolling
– Scrollable shortcut dock
Nova Launcher [Link]
This what I’m using and it was very responsive, clean, simple and very similar to the stock launcher from pure ICS ROM. Hghly customizable, performance driven, home screen replacement for Android 4.0+
– Color Themes
– Change the ascent color of the launcher, full color picker support
QQ Launcher [Link]
QQ launcher, one of favorite launcher with high quality customization. The customization is very similar to MIUI ROM. QQ launcher has thousand of customizable theme with their theme library as well as widgets. Highly recommended.
– Built-in widgets such as shortcut switches and task manager;
– Impressive screen-switching effects (menu > settings > screen);
– A complete set of program management functions, free sequencing, multidimensional arrangements, and smart searches;
– Quick access to the Store for users to download applications anytime;
– Custom folders that classify applications;
– One-key desktop relocation without losing anything. (Tapping OK after the first installation will guide you through importing default desktop icons.)
– Provide several sets of personalized skin;
– Cool Lock Screen.
Rabbit 3D Launcher [Link]
Rabbit launcher is a 3D home launcher. The theme is beautiful with 3D element integrated. You can enjoy interactive 3D background and widget with this launcher. It is total new experience to use this 3D launcher in your SGS3. Highly recommended.
Rabbit Launcher (a light-weight, quick, high-performance Android 3D home launcher) provides for a vivid 3D user experience along with available Rabbit Launcher themes found at Google Play. You’ll find a whole new world that surpasses the 2D Go Launcher or any other 3D android launcher out there!
– Extremely smooth 3D transition effects and Adobe Flash-like animation
– A variety of aesthetically superior 3D home themes / live wallpaper
– Convenient application drawer that can sort apps by name, installation date, frequency of use
– Find your favorite apps and games like Skype, Pandora and Angry Bids in a snap
– Easily edit or remove apps by pressing the icon for a few seconds