Yea, ClockWorkMod Recovery CWM 6 final release has arrived. Koush, CWM developer has finally released CWM6 and the first device to enjoy CWM6 is Samsung Galaxy Nexus. In the beta version of CWM before this official release, he has claimed that the latest CWM6 will 2x faster than the previous version in ROM backup. Speed is the biggest improvement in CWM6 with smaller package size. Both touch and non-touch CWM Recovery 6 is already available for download. If you are Galaxy Nexus owner, you are now the first one can try the CWM6. Let’s check it out the how-to install guidance.
How To Install CWM Recovery 6 On Samsung Galaxy Nexus
By flashing CWM 6 to Samsung Galaxy Nexus, you need items below
2, Make sure you have enable USB debugging mode on Galaxy Nexus. [How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Android]
3. Make sure your device has more than 50% of battery level and connected to PC via USB cable.
4. Back up necessary data [How To Back Up & Restore Contact, Gmail & Google Data On Android Without App Installed]
5. Download CWM6 Recovery.img [non-touch] and save it into android-sdk-windows\platform-tools on your computer, probably at C:/.
6. Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys for a few seconds and boot into Fastboot mode.
7. Goto android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
8. Type in fastboot flash recovery maguro-test-recovery.img.
9. Do not disconnect Galaxy Nexus in this moment until the device boot to recovery mode.
10. You should now see the CWM6.
11. Enjoy your latest CWM6.