Yea, the official OTA Jelly Bean update is available for Australia Samsung Nexus S model. I have double check my Nexus S and I still with Android 4.0.4 as latest update. OTA is still yet to come. For those who do not think to wait for OTA, here is the tutorial to guide you how to manual update your Samsung Nexus S i9020 and i 9023 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Are you ready to try the new update?? Let’s get it now!
This hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with Samsung Nexus S, model number i9020 and i9023. It’s not compatible with other devices. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
1. Make sure your device has more than 50% of battery level. [How To Enable Battery Percentage Level On Samsung Galaxy S3 Without App Installed]
3. Make sure you have enable USB debugging mode on your device. [How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Android]
4. Back up necessary data [How To Back Up & Restore Contact, Gmail & Google Data On Android Without App Installed]
1. Make sure you have rooted and CWM recovery installed in Nexus S. Besides that, make sure you have ADB and fastboot driver for your PC (guide).
2. Download Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean NS ROM zip file from here | 114.MB
3. Connect device to PC and transfer the zip files you downloaded to your Nexus S internal sdcard.
4. Disconnect device from PC once copying finish.
5. Turn of the device and boot into CWM Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Power
6. Do a full wipe.
7. Do Wipe Data/Factory Reset – Select from the menu and select yes to confirm.
8. Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select yes to confirm.
9. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select yes to confirm.
10. Start flashing ROM. From the main menu in recovery, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, and then browse to folder location and select the Rom zip file and click Yes to install.
12. Go back to recovery’s main menu.
13. Select reboot system now to reboot the.
14. You are done.
I just got my Jelly Bean running on my Nexus S. It is amazing. Fast & smooth. Let’s try it.