2 ways to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 firmware officially with your SGS3 still in stock ROM. First, via OTA (over the air) update, you will be prompted to receive update from Samsung and Google wirelessly with ONLY your SGS3. Second, upgrade firmware via Samsung Kies. The purpose of this post is to guide you how to upgrade your firmware via Samsung Kies with your PC computer. It is as easy as OTA update. Let’s check it out how-to.
Step By Step How To Upgrade Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S3 Via Samsung Kies
Before staring, check all the requirement below.
1. Make sure you have more than 50% battery level on your SGS3. [How To Enable Battery Percentage Level On SGS3]
2. Make sure you have installed Samsung Kies and Samsung USB driver for your PC [Download Samsung USB Driver For Samsung Galaxy S3 Via Samsung Kies]
3. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging mode. [How To Enable USB Debugging Mode For Android]
1. Start your Samsung Kies in your PC computer.
2. Connect your SGS3 with USB cable to PC.
3. You will be prompted a notification on Firmware Update. Press Update.
4. Check on the I have read all of the above information box.
7. You will see your Galaxy S3 is now installing the firmware via Samsung Kies.
9. Once the download and upgrade is complete. SGS3 will auto reboot. Wait and enjoy your new firmware.