Cyanogen Mod 10 (CM10) is hot now in the market because of the Jelly Bean Android 4.1. CM10 is build based on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Stock ROM and finally CM10 Jelly Bean has came to my lovely Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 International version. This is the official CM10 ROM and brings mostly all the Jelly Bean Android 4.1 features like smoother interface, better keyboard, enhanced notification bar and a lot more. However, this is still a preview build, but it is close to daily use version. See the working & non-working list and install guide after the break.
Known Issue of CM10 On Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
- FMradio, heh!
- Camera is unstable, though taking pics should work
- Wi-Fi tethering is semi-broken
- On the first call, the other end might not hear you. Next calls are fine.
- No Bluetooth Audio for now – this will be fixed soon.
Installation Guide For CM10 On Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
2, Make sure you have enable USB debugging mode on Samsung Galaxy S3. [How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Android]
3. Download Samsung Odin 3 v3.4 and installed in your pc. [Download New Samsung Odin 3 V3.04 For Samsung Galaxy S3]
4. Make sure your device has more than 50% of battery level and connected to PC via USB cable.
5. Back up necessary data [How To Back Up & Restore Contact, Gmail & Google Data On Android Without App Installed]
6. Download CM10 ROM & Gapps package from links below.
BBQDroid Download #1: http://dl-bacon.bbqdroid.org/dinner/…EW-2-i9300.zip | 152MB
BBQDroid Download #2: http://dl-chorizo.bbqdroid.org/lunch…EW-2-i9300.zip | 152MB
Gapps package http://d-h.st/fMY | 95MB
7. Connect device to PC and transfer the two zip files you downloaded in step 3 and 4 to your Galaxy S3 internal sdcard.
8. Disconnect device from PC once copying finish.
9. Turn of the device and boot into CWM Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power.
10. Do a full wipe.
11. Do Wipe Data/Factory Reset – Select from the menu and select yes to confirm.
12. Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select yes to confirm.
13. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select yes to confirm.
14. Start flashing ROM. From the main menu in recovery, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, and then browse to folder location and select the CM10 rom file and click Yes to install.
15. Now, flash Google Apps. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, and then browse to folder location and select the Gapps file and click Yes to install.
16. Go back to recovery’s main menu.
17. Select reboot system now to reboot the.
18, You are done & enjoy.