Firstly, before introducing the ROM, say thanks to Steven676 & Daxmax, senior developers from Xda who ported the Jelly bean 4.1 ROM successfully to Samsung Nexus S. This is very good news for all the NS user who are waiting update for Jelly Bean ROM. The ROM is based on Jelly Bean SDK release (JRN83C) with other components from Nexus 7 factory image (JRN84D). The ROM port is fully working including Wifi, Bluetooth, 3G & video playback. The ROM is now stable for use. Are you ready for flashing??
For those who already with custom ICS ROM in your NS, you can now flash this ROM as you will not receive OTA if you are not in stock ROM.
Disclaimer: This ROM port is only applicable for GSM Samsung Nexus S, please try on your own risk.
Install Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM For Samsung Nexus S
1. Make sure you have more than 50% of battery level on NS.
2. Make sure you have installed CWM Recovery on NS.
3. Download Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM from xda. and copy to the sdcard | update.JB.sdk.mod.oodie.attempt8.zip | 183MB
4. Make a full wipe If you come from other ICS ROM. [Highly recommended to do so]
5. To do full wipe, reboot to CWM Recovery mode [Power + Volume Up button].
6. Select Recovery by moving it down with Volume down button.
7. Select wipe data/factory reset , confirm and continue.
8. Select Wipe data cache partition, confirm and continue.
9. Goto Advanced, wipe Dalvik cache, confirm and continue.
10. Select install zip from sdcard.
11. Flash the update.JB.sdk.mod.oodie.attempt8.zip file.
12. Reboot after ROM flashing, first start-up take longer time.
13. Reboot another time for settling.
14. Enjoy your Jelly Bean 4.1.