Windows Essentials 2012 has been released by Microsoft with the new Windows Movie Maker and Photo Gallery in Windows 7 and Windows 8. The release of Windows Essentials 2012 is to welcome the coming of Windows 8 in October 2012. Windows Essential 2012 include Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Writer, Outlook Connector Pack, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Live Family Safety and the new Windows Skydrive app for Windows. Windows Essentials 2012 work well in both Windows 8 and Windows 7. As usual, the Windows Essentials can be installed separately by selecting the application you wish to install or install in bundle. Both web install link and offline installer for Windows Essentials 2012 are available after the break.
The most significant changes in Windows Essentials 2012 are on the Windows Live Photo Gallery as well as Windows Movie Maker. If you are gallery and movie maker lovers, probably you like to know the improvement and changes in the new Windows Essentials 2012.
- Movie Maker using video stabilization feature makes shaky videos smoother.
- Movie Maker now allows to add music from three music services such as AudioMicro, Free Music Archive and Vimeo Music Store and these services does offer music that have proper rights for you to share.
- You can outline the text that you’ve added on the video background
- Photo Galley lets you auto collage your photos in Windows 8.
- You can share videos to Vimeo from Photo Gallery and Movie Maker.
Personally, I use the Windows Writer the most as it is the blogging tool I used since the beginning of this blog. I didn’t notice any significant changes on it. It could be only some minor changes on the Windows 8 compatibility issue.