Do you like use the physical home button more often than the capacitive Setting button in your Samsung Galaxy S3? Personally, I do. I do not like to use the physical button as it take me more energy to pressing it ^^ If you feel to find a virtual replacement button for the physical button, you may not have it right now and I do not able to find a good app to do that too. The only option is to swap the function of the physical button with other buttons. Full credits to aydc, from Xda who has created the method to switch the function of Home & Setting buttons in SGS3 i9300.
I hope you are delighted when you see this post. But you may feel sad if I tell you the modification only can be done with the rooted SGS3 ^^
You do need a rooted SGS3 with CWM installed. To do the mod, simply follow instruction below:
This hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy S3, model number i9300. It’s not compatible with other devices. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
1. Make sure you have rooted your device and have installed with CWM Recovery. [How to root and install CWM Recovery With CF-Root One Click ]
3. Copy both of them into your SGS3 SD card.
4. Connect device to PC and transfer the two zip files you downloaded in step 3 and 4 to your Galaxy S3 internal sdcard.
5. Disconnect device from PC once copying finish.
6. Turn of the device and boot into CWM Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power.
7. Start flashing Zip. From the main menu in recovery, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, and then browse to folder location and select the Switch_Home_Menu_CWM.zip and click Yes to install.
8. Go back to recovery’s main menu.
9. Select reboot system now to reboot the.
10. You are done and now try the physical & capacitive button.
11. Follow instruction above to restore back the function of the buttons with Switch_Home_Menu_restore_Original_CWM.zip file.