Apple officially release iOS 6 on 19 September 2012. The update is available for all iOS devices. iOS 6 compatible to iPhone series, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S & iPhone 5. For iPad series, iOS 6 is compatible with iPad 2 as well as latest new iPad 3. iPod touch 4th and 5th generation can be updated to iOS 6 too. The entire iOS 6 takes total 599MB in size for iPhone, near to 1GB for iPad version. The update contains over 200 new features, including all new Apple-desgine Maps, Siri features, Facebook Integration, shared Photo Streams, Passbook and more. Please take note that some of the iOS new features may not available for your region, check out entire iOS 6 new feature availability here from Apple officially. Check out the steps how to get your OTA update for your iDevices after break.
How To Update To iOS 6 On iPhone , iPad & iPod [OTA]
1. Goto your iDevices Settings.
2. Select General in settings.
3. Click on Software Update
4. You should see iOS 6 update available for download.
5. Make sure you have gone WiFi connection since the iOS 6 package is big [599MB]
6. Download and install the package.
7. Your iDevices will be restarted.
8. Enjoy your iOS 6.
Please take note: If you don’t see OTA update available , try to refresh and restart your iDevices. Try few more times on procedures above again. Good luck.
New Features Availability In iOS 6
◦ Apple designed vector based maps
◦ Turn-by-turn navigation with spoken directions on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (2nd and 3rd generation)
◦ Real-time traffic information
◦ Flyover for photo-realistic, interactive 3D views of major metro areas on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd generation), and iPod touch (5th generation)
◦ Local search results with Yelp photos, ratings, reviews, and available deals
◦ Siri integration for requesting directions and finding places along a route
◦ Sports: scores, player stats, game schedules, team rosters, and league standings for baseball, basketball, football, soccer and hockey
◦ Movies: trailers, showtimes, reviews and facts
◦ Restaurants: reservations, reviews, photos and information
◦ Send a Tweet
◦ Post on Facebook
◦ App launch
◦ Eyes Free in supported automobiles
◦ Local search available in Siri supported countries (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
◦ Additional country and language support for Canada (English and Canadian French), China (Mandarin), Hong Kong (Cantonese), Italy (Italian), Korea (Korean), Mexico (Spanish), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (Italian, French, German), Taiwan (Mandarin), US (Spanish)
◦ Supported on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd generation) and iPod touch (5th generation)
◦ Single sign-on from Settings
◦ Post from Photos, Safari, Maps, App Store, iTunes, Game Center, Notification Center and Siri
◦ Add location and choose audience for any post
◦ View up-to-date Facebook profile photos and contact information in Contacts
◦ View Facebook events and birthdays in Calendar
◦ Like content and see your friends’ Likes in App Store and iTunes Store
• Shared Photo Streams
◦ Share selected photos with the people you choose
◦ Friends can view shared photos in Photos app, iPhoto and Apple TV
◦ Friends can like and make comments on individual photos
Powered by Facebook Comments