August 23rd, 2015
Guys, I think many of the Samsung Galaxy S3 users are looking for ways how to downgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean back to ICS Ice Cream Sandwich Stock firmware. Why do you need to downgrade Jelly Bean? Obviously, the overall performance of Jelly Bean Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 is disappointing, very disappointing. Delay, lag, force close happening very often after JB upgrade. I’m pretty sure you agree on what I say if you are S3 international users.
Reasons Why You Need To Downgrade Galaxy S3 Back To Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
1. Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy S3 is slow, lag, delay, and experiencing frequent force close.
2. ICS on Samsung Galaxy S3 is perfectly smooth.
3. Battery life ICS On S3 is obliviously better than JB on S3.
4. High memory usage on JB with normal usage.
How To Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean To Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Stock Firmware
Below tutorial will guide you how to downgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean android 4.1.1 stock ROM back to ICS android 4.0.4. Make sure you have make a complete backup before start (see here). Please take note, this tutorial is tested only on Stock Jelly Bean without custom recovery.
You will not lose the Samsung Warranty even you do ROM flashing. It is because you are flashing stock ROM but not custom ROM or any custom modification.
1. Download ICS Android 4.0.4 Stock ROM Firmware. Below are some links from SamMobile to download the stock ROM. Extract them into a folder and you should see XXXXXXXXXX.tar.md5.
- GT-I9300 ICS Android 4.0.4 Stock Firmware I9300XXBLH1 for Malaysia | Link
- GT-I9300 ICS Android 4.0.4 Stock Firmware I9300XXBLH1 for Singapore (Singtel) | Link
- GT-I9300 ICS Android 4.0.4 Stock Firmware I9300XXBLH1 for Singapore (StarHub) | Link
- GT-I9305 ICS Android 4.0.4 Stock Firmware I9300XXBLH1 for Singapore (Singtel) | Link
2. Download Samsung Odin3_v3.04 for PC and extract to a folder.
3. Turn off Samsung Galaxy S3.
5. Press Volume up to continue to download mode.
6. Connect micro USB cable from PC to Galaxy S3.
8. Make sure you see the “Added” on the left bottom corner.
9. Press PDA button and locate the XXXXXXXXXX.tar.md5.
10. Press Start button.
11. Wait for couple of minutes until the Odin flash the file completely into your Galaxy S3. Make sure you see the “PASS”, this indicate your flashing is complete.
12. Your Galaxy S3 is now reboot.
13. If you stuck on the Samsung logo, try and press the power button for more than 3 seconds. It should boot up.
14. If you still stuck, remove the battery and shut down the device.
15. Press Power + Volume Up + home button to enter recovery mode.
16. Press volume down button to wipe data/factory reset.
17. Select and continue to wipe cache partition.
18. Select Reboot system now.
19. Now you should able to enjoy back the ICS stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Powered by Facebook Comments