Xperia launcher is now available for download unofficially for all Ice cream sandwich (ICS) and jelly bean android devices. The Sony Xperia launcher was successfully run on any android devices other than Sony Xperia devices normally. I love Xperia launcher as of its fast response and quick uninstallation feature on the launcher. This Xperia launcher is identical to the stock Sony Xperia devices with all the features included. Customization desktop and app drawer is possible too with this launcher. Big thanks to ra3al who posted the port to Xda. The installation is simple enough with apk format. You do not need to flash it through recovery.
Sony Xperia Launcher Features
– User selectable number of home screens (up to 11) and default screen selection
– Customizable desktop and app drawer grid size (from 3 x 3 to 9 x 9)
– Infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer (significantly improved from previous (GB) version)
– Resizable widgets
– Hide apps from the app drawer (now does not hide them from the desktop and the dock)
– Show / hide icon labels on the desktop, the dock and the app drawer
– Enable / disable app sharing on social networks
– Enable / disable tactile feedback (vibration)
– Icon packs support (load icons from: Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher and GO Launcher themes / icon packs)
– Backup and restore launcher settings
– Support for any resolution and any display density (custom DPI)
The tutorial here is simple.
1. Download the apk into your phone, either direct download to phone or transfer it to SD card with USB cable.
2. Double click on the downloaded APK file for installation.
3. If you have difficult to install the APK, download appInstaller and locate your APK file, and proceed installation. (This method is mostly for non-rooted devices)
4. The APK should works for both rooted and non-rooted devices.