I unintendedly found a very good android app about VPN on last week. The discovered app named Hideman, which is a “Free” VPN on android, as well as Windows, Mac, and iOS. The “free” service is only limited to 5 hours per week. I’ve tested the android version of Hideman. It is awesome and easy to be used. Let’s check out the short review after the break.
If you do not know what is VPN, probably wiki can help you.
A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network and the resources contained in the network across public networks like the Internet. It enables a host computer to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were a private network with all the functionality, security and management policies of the private network. This is done by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, encryption, or a combination of the two. [Via Wiki]
In short, it meant you can access some blocked websites or region restricted websites (Spotify, QQ Music and more) once you activated the VPN services. Most of the VPN services are provided with charge and bandwidth controlled.
Good of Hideman VPN
1. It is a theoretically free VPN service to unblock and access selected countries website.
2. Free service is ONLY 5 hours per week. Reset is available after a week.
3. It is easy and handy to be used.
4. Quick connection.
5. Up to 8 countries on the free VPN service.
Not So Good Of Hideman VPN
1. The VPN service need to be terminated by restarting your phone. The VPN session is still running and clocking you although you have quite the program.
2. No free VPN to access United States and China.
If you wish to run Hideman VPN on iOS, go to www.hideman.net on your devices, you will be instructed to add the VPN services into your device.
I won’t suggest you to have a paid account. You should evaluate the free version and judge it yourself. Try at your own risk. I feel still happy with the free VPN service from HIdeman since I’m not a heavy VPN users. Hope you enjoy the post.