January 15th, 2015
Untethered jailbreak for iPhone 5 and all the iOS 6 and iOS6.1 devices are now available!!! After the few months of waiting, the untethered jailbreak is finally landed in this morning. The jailbreak tool named Evasi0n is released by Evad3rs jailbreak team, big big thanks for the great and hard work. Evasi0n is compatible and supports about 20 Apple iOS devices with iOS6 or iOS6.1, iPhone5 is one of them.
iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5
iOS6.0, iOS6.0.1, iOS6.0.2, iOS6.1
– MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
– Windows (XP minimum)
– Linux x86/x86_64 (Kernel >= 2.6.24, libgtk+-2.0 >= 2.24.13)
Download Evasi0n iOS6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool
How To Untethered Jailbreak iOS6 on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Nowadays, jailbreak is easy with only one click on the jailbreak button. Before that, you are highly recommend to backup all your information on your iOS devices to iCloud or local computer. Follow instructions below to start your own jailbreak.
1. Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
2. Those who use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
3. Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
4. Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click “Jailbreak”. Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
5. Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
6. If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
Enjoy your long-awaited jailbreak!!! Hurray…