Great great news for all HTC HD2 users who are using Windows Phone (WP). Windows Phone 7.8 ROM (WP7.8) is now available for HTC HD2. The installation was recorded in video by the JuicyBoose, the developers of the rom. The WP7.8 looks very promising and make me feel to re-flash my HTC HD2 with WP7.8. The only way to have WP7.8 on HD2 is flashing custom ROM, there is impossible to have official WP7.8 for it. Windows Phone marketplace is also able to be activated. Check it out after the break.
Don’t be surprise. Yes, it is HD2. It is Jelly Bean. It is 4.2 Jelly Bean. HTC HD2 is a long live smartphone device starting from Windows Mobile, to android, to windows phone, to meego and more OS. HD2 is finally tasted the latest and most updated Android OS, Jelly Bean 4.2 modded by CynongenMod team. This is the alpha CM build where some features are not working, like Wifi. HD2, make all things possible.
HTC HD2 is legend, indeed. Finally, Windows Phone 8 WP8 has been successfully ported and running on legendary HTC HD 2. Many folks expected and refused the compatibility of WP8 on HD2. The fact here today brought us that this legendary smartphone can make it. Big thanks to the Dark Forces Team (DFT) Cotulla who has successfully brought us the miracle. For your information, HTC HD2 is the only device able and success to run Windows Phone7, Windows Phone 7.5, Windows Phone 7.8, Windows Phone 8, Android, Ubuntu, Meego, and Windows Mobile OS platform. It is ridiculously amazing device.
HD2 Owner should be proud to have the legendary phone as many of the developers still working on it to develop all the latest ROM with it. This model has been released for more than 3 years, however it is still one of the best phone for developers. Here you go the latest Windows Phone Tnago 8773 ROM for HTC HD2. None of the phone out there in the market is using Tango but now you can enjoy enjoy Windows Phone Tango ROM for your love HD2.
I really love My HTC HD2, its really powerful and ultimate smartphone to install many different OS like android Gingerbread and Windows Phone Mango. This is really a cheerful post to tell that DFT team has released Windows Phone 7 Mango officially for all HTC HD2 users, it named the Green Mango. I havent really tried on it but to share to you before I try it, surely I’ll try it as I’m using dual boot Windows Phone and SD Android Rom. The new Mango build will have support different languages including Chinese input method ONLY not system language. Come download and enjoy the fun of Windows Phone 7. Hurray… See here for all Mango Updates.
Finally, Wp7 NoDo update for HTC HD2 is released today. I’m so excited to see the WP7 NoDo update thread in the xda forum yesterday knowing the release is available today. The most important update for this build surely is the copy and paste features. This is a must-share entry to all the HTC HD2 lovers especially those who are using WP7 or dual boot android & WP7 on their HTC HD2. Many thanks to YukiXDA for the great contribution to the NoDo ROM build. The Xda original thread not only release the downloadable NoDo ROM but also the instruction how to compile all the necessary items to build this ROM. Sorry, i need to stop writing and try the new WP7 NoDo ROM. Enjoy your ROM too!!
Flashing Android NAND Rom is pretty easy actually. However, if you are newbie, please and please make sure you read more and more posts from blogs or forums to secure yourself from breaking your smartphone. After the tutorial of installing MAGLDR, you will need to flash ROM to use your HD2. Here I share my experience with you on how did I install and flash my very first NAND Android ROM on my HTC HD2. Are you ready to receive excitement from Android?
MAGLDR is a must install bootloader for HTCHD2 if you wanted to flash Android, Windows Phone 7 and ClockworkMod recovery. If you familiar with PC operating system, it is just like selector to let you enable you to select what operating you want to boot. If you are flashing Windows Mobile6.5 ROM, you do not need MAGLDR as you will only need to run the HTC HD2 default bootloader. Thanks to DFT team to create such interesting bootloader for HD2 users and now ROM flashing is very simple and fast.
Why do you need MAGLDR?
There are alot of benefits to install MAGLDR to your HD2. You can easily select which OS you want to boot from the bootloader. You can boot Windows Phone 7 from internal memory of your HD2, boot Android from SD card or NAND (internal Memory). Here we go to have a quick check on the MAGLDR features. There are total 12 features in the latest MAGLDR 1.13 version.
1. Boot WPH
– As what i mention before, this feature is to help you to boot your HD2 into Windows Phone 7 from internal memory if you have installed it in your HD2.
2. Boot AD SD
– This is a cool feature where you can boot your complete Android OS from SD card. This features help you to do a dual-boot Windows Phone 7 and Android or Windows mobile 6.5 and Android. Personally, i tried on dual-boot WM6.5 and Android. Pretty cool. WP7 & Android dual-boot is coming soon.
3. Boot AD NAND
– This is most commonly use feature to me, as I always choose to use NAND Android on my HD2. This helps you to boot into Android OS directly from NAND.
4. USB MassStg
– Another cool feature, you do not need to load into the Android OS to access your SD card, you can use this feature to connect your pc and Sd card to perform copy paste function. Cool huhh..
5. USB flasher
– This is to set your phone to USB flashing mode where you can flash anything into your inernal memory like Android OS, WP7, ClockworkMod recovery, radio setting, theme setting, font setting, anything with flash mode capability. If you are newbie, you may select those direct and straightforward ROM where you can directly flash the ROM from your PC to HD2 without any other step.
6. USB TTY
– Sorry, i have no idea yet on it. It is advance + advance feature, normally we do not use it unless you are advance _ advance users =)
7. AD Hardreset
– Pretty straightforward, reset whatever you have now in HD2 and back to factory android reset.
8. AD recovery
– this is cool feature, it avoid you to break your phone during flashing. ROM flashing thru PC to HD2 is pretty dangerous, because it takes long time (depends on ROM size and the transfer rate), this features help you to install your ROM thru SD card without using the PC. Copy your ROM to SD card, and run ClockworkMod recovery in this feature to install your ROM. Blurr? I’ll share you in next entries on how to use ClockwokMod recovery.
- Tetris game. Get 111111 score to activate hidden features of MAGLDR
– There are quite many services provided by MAGLDR. For example, you can choose your selected first boot options in Services boot source, whether to run Android SD, Android NAND, or WPH from NAND. See here for more complete explanations.
I’m so excited after i change the LCD density of my HD2. And today, I tried to change the system font of it, it is fascinating and it works like charm in my HD2. I have selected my favorite system font “Droid Sans”, which has make me look at my phone non-stop, nearly 24 hours =) Let me show you what i have and how it works. The tutorial below is totally FREE, you do not need to spend single cent.
If you are interested in making ROM flashing for testing purpose or find a best daily use ROM for your HD2, I highly recommend you to try on this cook. It is very nice build to me and it is very smooth and without bugs (Tried for 3 days, so far), this cook is just awesome and stable. You can install different HyperDroid themes and fonts with this HyperDroid ROM. The cook is just so light, about 76MB, installation is fast with CWM recovery. It comes with Gingerbread 2.3.3 build with has all the updated android new features and functions, it was a rooted build too, lots of customization can be made, clean, cool and fun.