Flashing Android NAND Rom is pretty easy actually. However, if you are newbie, please and please make sure you read more and more posts from blogs or forums to secure yourself from breaking your smartphone. After the tutorial of installing MAGLDR, you will need to flash ROM to use your HD2. Here I share my experience with you on how did I install and flash my very first NAND Android ROM on my HTC HD2. Are you ready to receive excitement from Android?
MAGLDR is a must install bootloader for HTCHD2 if you wanted to flash Android, Windows Phone 7 and ClockworkMod recovery. If you familiar with PC operating system, it is just like selector to let you enable you to select what operating you want to boot. If you are flashing Windows Mobile6.5 ROM, you do not need MAGLDR as you will only need to run the HTC HD2 default bootloader. Thanks to DFT team to create such interesting bootloader for HD2 users and now ROM flashing is very simple and fast.
Why do you need MAGLDR?
There are alot of benefits to install MAGLDR to your HD2. You can easily select which OS you want to boot from the bootloader. You can boot Windows Phone 7 from internal memory of your HD2, boot Android from SD card or NAND (internal Memory). Here we go to have a quick check on the MAGLDR features. There are total 12 features in the latest MAGLDR 1.13 version.
1. Boot WPH
– As what i mention before, this feature is to help you to boot your HD2 into Windows Phone 7 from internal memory if you have installed it in your HD2.
2. Boot AD SD
– This is a cool feature where you can boot your complete Android OS from SD card. This features help you to do a dual-boot Windows Phone 7 and Android or Windows mobile 6.5 and Android. Personally, i tried on dual-boot WM6.5 and Android. Pretty cool. WP7 & Android dual-boot is coming soon.
3. Boot AD NAND
– This is most commonly use feature to me, as I always choose to use NAND Android on my HD2. This helps you to boot into Android OS directly from NAND.
4. USB MassStg
– Another cool feature, you do not need to load into the Android OS to access your SD card, you can use this feature to connect your pc and Sd card to perform copy paste function. Cool huhh..
5. USB flasher
– This is to set your phone to USB flashing mode where you can flash anything into your inernal memory like Android OS, WP7, ClockworkMod recovery, radio setting, theme setting, font setting, anything with flash mode capability. If you are newbie, you may select those direct and straightforward ROM where you can directly flash the ROM from your PC to HD2 without any other step.
6. USB TTY
– Sorry, i have no idea yet on it. It is advance + advance feature, normally we do not use it unless you are advance _ advance users =)
7. AD Hardreset
– Pretty straightforward, reset whatever you have now in HD2 and back to factory android reset.
8. AD recovery
– this is cool feature, it avoid you to break your phone during flashing. ROM flashing thru PC to HD2 is pretty dangerous, because it takes long time (depends on ROM size and the transfer rate), this features help you to install your ROM thru SD card without using the PC. Copy your ROM to SD card, and run ClockworkMod recovery in this feature to install your ROM. Blurr? I’ll share you in next entries on how to use ClockwokMod recovery.
- Tetris game. Get 111111 score to activate hidden features of MAGLDR
– There are quite many services provided by MAGLDR. For example, you can choose your selected first boot options in Services boot source, whether to run Android SD, Android NAND, or WPH from NAND. See here for more complete explanations.