Early last week, Microsoft previewed their Windows 8 to developers in the Microsoft BUILD conference. During the BUILD conference, Microsoft has openned keynote on their latest Windows 8 OS new features. As everyone knows, the new Windows 8 will features Metro Style UI with live tiles. Windows 8 is designed to run in both desktop as well as tablet. Microsoft has giveaway thousands of Samsung prototype tablet with Windows 8 Developer Preview to the BUILD attendees. Do you interested on Windows 8 tablet? Or still with iPad or Android tablets? Check out the videos and download links. Try the Windows 8 developer preview on your own risk! ^^
I really love My HTC HD2, its really powerful and ultimate smartphone to install many different OS like android Gingerbread and Windows Phone Mango. This is really a cheerful post to tell that DFT team has released Windows Phone 7 Mango officially for all HTC HD2 users, it named the Green Mango. I havent really tried on it but to share to you before I try it, surely I’ll try it as I’m using dual boot Windows Phone and SD Android Rom. The new Mango build will have support different languages including Chinese input method ONLY not system language. Come download and enjoy the fun of Windows Phone 7. Hurray… See here for all Mango Updates.
Congratulations to all Windows Phone lovers, today is a big day for Windows Phone to talk about the Mango, the latest OS update for Windows Phone, the latest Mango has 500 more features comparing to the previous version, said Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft. 500, yes is 500, that is a lot. Mango is a important milestone for Windows Phone to move forward to compete in smartphone market. There are some critical features in Mango, for example, New Web Experience, New Live Tiles, Local Scout & IE9, Groups & Threads, Smarter Approach to apps, Bing Vision, Multitasking, Bing Audio….. and many many more..
Thanks to Federico Carnales for the latest Windows Phone 7 Metro UI Style android music player. If you ever tried on windows phone 7 music player, you will know the beauty of WP7 music player, but you are lucky right now as you have chance to try the highly similar WP7 music player on android OS. The name of this android app named “Fede Music” and it is an alpha build, very early development build. I don’t see any problem so far on the build ^^ Download and try it, awesome..
Finally, Wp7 NoDo update for HTC HD2 is released today. I’m so excited to see the WP7 NoDo update thread in the xda forum yesterday knowing the release is available today. The most important update for this build surely is the copy and paste features. This is a must-share entry to all the HTC HD2 lovers especially those who are using WP7 or dual boot android & WP7 on their HTC HD2. Many thanks to YukiXDA for the great contribution to the NoDo ROM build. The Xda original thread not only release the downloadable NoDo ROM but also the instruction how to compile all the necessary items to build this ROM. Sorry, i need to stop writing and try the new WP7 NoDo ROM. Enjoy your ROM too!!
HTC HD2 with dual boot Android and Windows Phone 7 is really damn cool. I used to install dual boot OS system in my PC but it is surprising to install dual boot OS in smartphone. As what I know, HD2 is the only smartphone now available in market to access dual boot Windows Phone 7 and Android OS. Many thanks to MAGLDR developer for this awesome bootloader. I have made my second noob video on dual boot Android & WP7 HD2 ^^ Check it out after the break.
To be frank, Windows Phone is still growing, in time being, the apps are very limited and it is still not user-friendly comparing to Android and iOS. However, this is the fun part to me to discover and digg some useful WP apps/desktop apps to play with my HTC HD2 windows phone 7. Here is one of the Windwos Phone desktop app that I think you should try if you own a WP7 phone. The app is handy and well-manage my WP apps, transfer file and even install 3rd party apps ^^
Concept phone == not in build plan but in conceptioning. Thanks to Xda member _LeCiel_ to share the post on his HTC HD3 concept phone. The suggested specifications has been partly listed in xda forum. The suggested specification is what we will feel surprise, too advance, even come with dual boot OS which i think HTC wont allow ^^ The screen is structured with True touch technologies, where you like touching button when touch on the screen, cool concept. This is the second HTC HD3 concept phone that i have posted. Check this out for the entire first HTC HD3 concept too.
Recently, I was really busy with my HTC HD2 Windows Phone 7 (WP7) OS installation, apps testing, and explore more on WP7. I have my Android OS in my HTC HD2 for the past few weeks, and now I going to experience WP7. My plan is to install both Android and WP7 OS in my HTC HD2 for daily use. I have my HD2 WP7 with live service activated from Microsoft, it means I could access to the xbox live market and marketplace to install any apps that I wish. Is it cool?? ^^
MAGLDR is a must install bootloader for HTCHD2 if you wanted to flash Android, Windows Phone 7 and ClockworkMod recovery. If you familiar with PC operating system, it is just like selector to let you enable you to select what operating you want to boot. If you are flashing Windows Mobile6.5 ROM, you do not need MAGLDR as you will only need to run the HTC HD2 default bootloader. Thanks to DFT team to create such interesting bootloader for HD2 users and now ROM flashing is very simple and fast.
Why do you need MAGLDR?
There are alot of benefits to install MAGLDR to your HD2. You can easily select which OS you want to boot from the bootloader. You can boot Windows Phone 7 from internal memory of your HD2, boot Android from SD card or NAND (internal Memory). Here we go to have a quick check on the MAGLDR features. There are total 12 features in the latest MAGLDR 1.13 version.
1. Boot WPH
– As what i mention before, this feature is to help you to boot your HD2 into Windows Phone 7 from internal memory if you have installed it in your HD2.
2. Boot AD SD
– This is a cool feature where you can boot your complete Android OS from SD card. This features help you to do a dual-boot Windows Phone 7 and Android or Windows mobile 6.5 and Android. Personally, i tried on dual-boot WM6.5 and Android. Pretty cool. WP7 & Android dual-boot is coming soon.
3. Boot AD NAND
– This is most commonly use feature to me, as I always choose to use NAND Android on my HD2. This helps you to boot into Android OS directly from NAND.
4. USB MassStg
– Another cool feature, you do not need to load into the Android OS to access your SD card, you can use this feature to connect your pc and Sd card to perform copy paste function. Cool huhh..
5. USB flasher
– This is to set your phone to USB flashing mode where you can flash anything into your inernal memory like Android OS, WP7, ClockworkMod recovery, radio setting, theme setting, font setting, anything with flash mode capability. If you are newbie, you may select those direct and straightforward ROM where you can directly flash the ROM from your PC to HD2 without any other step.
6. USB TTY
– Sorry, i have no idea yet on it. It is advance + advance feature, normally we do not use it unless you are advance _ advance users =)
7. AD Hardreset
– Pretty straightforward, reset whatever you have now in HD2 and back to factory android reset.
8. AD recovery
– this is cool feature, it avoid you to break your phone during flashing. ROM flashing thru PC to HD2 is pretty dangerous, because it takes long time (depends on ROM size and the transfer rate), this features help you to install your ROM thru SD card without using the PC. Copy your ROM to SD card, and run ClockworkMod recovery in this feature to install your ROM. Blurr? I’ll share you in next entries on how to use ClockwokMod recovery.
- Tetris game. Get 111111 score to activate hidden features of MAGLDR
– There are quite many services provided by MAGLDR. For example, you can choose your selected first boot options in Services boot source, whether to run Android SD, Android NAND, or WPH from NAND. See here for more complete explanations.